South Wales Business Awards 2023 – The Winners Are
Friday the 15th September saw the elite of the Welsh business community gather to recognise their achievements at the South Wales Business Awards.
Hosted by one of Welsh television and radio’s most popular presenters Sara Edwards at the iconic Hilton Hotel – Cardiff. This year’s awards was an opportunity to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the South Wales Business Awards.
2023 has been the most competitive awards in its history. This year has seen more applications, and a standard that far exceeds any other year.
The winners of the South Wales Business Awards are as follows:
- Young Entrepreneur of the year – Oliver Lewis – Hawkstone Commercials
- Young Entrepreneur of the year (SME) – Emily Hicks – Studio Hicks
- New start-up of the year – Flotek Group
- New start-up of the year (SME) – ICAN Education
- Retail & Tourism Business of the year – Solar Buddies
- Female Entrepreneur of the year – Jenine Gill – Little Inspirations Ltd
- Female Entrepreneur of the year (SME) – Kelly Farr – Your North
- Technological & Innovative Business of the year – Pontus Research
- Business Services Business of the year – Flotek Group
- Business Services Business of the year (SME) – ntitle ltd
- South Wales Business of the Year 2023 – Flotek Group
Feature Sponsor – Swansea Building Society – (Richard Miles, Head of Savings & Marketing / Area Manager, East) said, The Swansea Building Society were delighted to be sponsors of the highly successful South Wales Business Awards in 2023. The standard of entries was incredible and all those who entered deserved great credit for what they have achieved. Well done to all the nominees and winners who continue to show how vibrant and innovative South Wales and the businesses that operate here are. As a local South Wales business celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2023, we were pleased to be able to celebrate with all those who attended, and a great night was had by all.
Founder of the South Wales Business Awards, Wesley Skene said, “Since 2008 we’ve seen the absolute best of the Welsh business community at the South Wales Business Awards. Each year the standard has increased. 2023 is the pinnacle of the award’s long history. I’m in awe of what our country and business community does. Despite all the difficult economic challenges, Wales and its economy is in good heart.”
Friday evening was also an opportunity to raise funds for nominated charity Dreams and Wishes. £600 was raised for seriously ill children and children with life limiting conditions.
With 2023’s awards being such a memorable evening, 2024 has a lot to live up to. Plans are well underway to make 2024 an even better evening.